It’s been a week since Instagram launched their new feature on 20 June 2018. Since the launch, IGTV is going viral and everyone is talking about it.
My personal view, the viewing pleasure at IGTV gives whole new experience compared to normal video browsing from platforms like #YouTube. IGTV gives you personalised feeling that with their close up vertical view.
I guess, soon #Instagram will take over all the major social platforms including #Facebook and dominate the industry with all their creativity and constant new features and updates with a 1-billion-users threshold.
Ok. What is IGTV and how to use it? To make a simple understanding is
IGTV is standalone vertical videos that aren’t limited to 60 seconds but can be up to an hour-long.
Why vertical video?
Because a large amount of video- watching market are watching a video in vertical. A user likes to watch more vertical videos longer compared to a traditional 16:9 videos.
Experience the difference of feelings of watching- videos in traditional and vertical format here
(for similar visual, watch it from 7: 20 minutes onwards)
Introduction of IGTV by Facebook here
The BEST of IGTV
- IGTV it for all. Anyone can be a creator.
- It a standalone vertical video
- Not limited to 60 seconds but can be up to an hour-long.
- It acts like a channel – When you follow the creator their channel will show up.
- The video will auto play when you open the feature.
- No ads in IGTV yet like Youtube.
- Monetization option coming on the way.
- You can add link, like, comment and even share the video.
The Not-So-BEST of IGTV
- The displaying feature is only supported vertical.
- You can still upload the traditional or square videos but each side of it will auto cut and stretched focusing only at center.
- No monetization to make money.
How to Use IGTV??
1|You must be a #Instagram user
2|Update your #Instagram App
3|look for IGTV icon on your home tab
4|Click on the icon – you are in the IGTV channel ready
5| Choose your preferred channel options
- For You – Curated by Instagram for you based on your data history
- Following – IGTV channel of the users you’re following
- Popular – Current popular channels on Instagram
- Continue Watching – The videos that you stopped watching for you to continue to watch. (It starts from where you have paused/stopped)
- Search – Search your own preferred channels
6| Create your own channel by clicking on the setting icon & follow the steps by tapping into next (tadaaa… you’re in – it’s that simple)
7| start adding your own video by clicking into plus + icon (new users & low following users are only allowed to post up to 10 minutes of videos compared to high following user.